Skip to Main Content

General FAQs Questions

Questions & Answers

How do I report vandalism, graffiti, or other problems in a park?

To report maintenance problems in a park, please complete a maintenance request through our online form or call the Buildings & Grounds Department at (708) 725-2050.  In the case of emergency safety and/or repair issues found during non-business hours, please contact the Oak Park Police Department by calling 911.

back to top

How can I make a donation to the Park District?

Through the Memorial Trust Fund you can honor a special person or recognize a special occasion by adopting a tree or donating a bench, walkway or other park amenity to the Park District.  The Parks Foundation of Oak Park is another way you can support the programs, parks and facilities of the Park District of Oak Park.

back to top

Can I walk my dog in the park?

Yes, as long as at all times your dog is on a leash no longer than 8' in length. Dogs are not allowed in playground areas, except for service animals. The dog parks at Maple Park and Ridgeland Common are available for Dog Park Membership holders. 

back to top

How can I reach the Park District?

Park District of Oak Park
218 Madison Street
Oak Park, IL 60302
(708) 725-2000
Fax: (708) 383-5702

back to top

Are children permitted to climb trees in the parks?

Kids are allowed to climb trees in our parks. However, safety is the Park District's number one priority and we hope children are under adult supervision when climbing trees for their protection. Additionally, Ordinance 7.6 in the Park District Code prohibits damage to Park District property including trees, shrubs, plants, turf, and any other property. There are many new and young trees in our parks that would not be strong enough to withstand the weight of a child.

back to top

How can i add a member to my household?

You can update your Park District account online through our registration software Amilia.

back to top

Can you BBQ in the parks?

Currently, the Taylor Park Patio is the only park location where grilling is allowed.

back to top

Do you have any sort of financial help for park district programs and camps?

We do have a financial assistance program. You can read all about our Scholarship Program here. Oak Park residency is one of the requirements in order to be approved. New for 2020 we also have a Childcare Discount Membership residents can apply for to help reduce cost of full day camps.

back to top

What is the Park District’s policy on photography and videography?

Photos and videos are periodically taken of people participating in Park District programs and activities. All persons registering for Park District programs/activities, or using Park District property thereby agrees that any photograph or videotape taken by the Park District may be used by the Park District for promotional purposes including its electronic media, videotapes, brochures, flyers and other publications without additional, prior notice or permission and without compensation to the participant.

back to top

Does the Park District sell gift certificates?

Gift certificates are available in any amount and can be purchased in-person at Customer Service during open hours. They can be used toward activities, passes and rentals. Redemption must be done in person.

back to top

If I have a credit on my account how do I get that money refunded to me?

Existing credits on your registration account can be refunded upon request. Please call Customer Service at 708-725-2000 or email

back to top

Can't find what you are looking for?

close (X)