415 W. Lake Street
(at the corner of Ridgeland and Lake Street)
Ridgeland Common is closed for renovations until June 2014.
Registration is available at The Hedges Administrative Center at 218 Madison:
M & W 8:00am – 5pm
T & Th 8:30am – 7pm
F 8:30am – 5pm
Sa 9am – 1pm
of Revenue Facilities
Bill Hamilton, (708) 725-2304
Email Bill Hamilton
Program & Operations Assistant Manager
Mike Lushniak, (708) 725-2302
Email Mike Lushniak
Maintenance & Operations Supervisor
Chris Leiner, (708) 725-2315
Email Chris Leiner
Customer Service Coordinator
Trina Hartzog, (708) 725-2303
Email Trina Herzog
Christine Bradley, (708) 725-2312
Revenue Facilities Maintenance Custodian
Ridgeland Common is now closed for renovations. What Will Happen During the Ridgeland Common Renovation Project?
Beginning March 2013, Ridgeland Common closed for a complete building reconstruction with expansion of the ice rink to official size (85’x200’); new locker rooms; new synthetic turf sports field with lighting and fencing; new children’s water feature; pool gutters, mechanicals and pipe replacement; and three new activity rooms. With the addition of a synthetic turf field, the sled hill will need to be removed. The Ridgeland Common Dog Park will be relocated and Dog Park Plus will be discontinued at this location after August 4. The Park District is exploring alternate locations for Dog Park Plus. For more info see the Ridgeland Common project page.
Construction will last from March 2013 through June 2014. Ridgeland Common will be closed for one pool season and one ice season.
Currently staff is developing an operations and programming plan to be implemented to lessen the impact on facility patrons and maximize the number of patrons the Park District can serve during the renovation. Plans are still being confirmed. Here is what is planned to date:
|Registration and Office Hours
- Registration at Ridgeland Common is now closed.
- Registration is available online or in-person at the Hedges Administrative Center, 218 Madison Street, Monday & Wednesday 8:00am – 5pm, Tuesday & Thursday 8:30am – 7pm, Friday 8:30am – 5pm and Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
- The schedule for Rehm Pool is being altered to provide uninterrupted hours through the afternoon and evening 7 days a week.
- On Saturday and Sunday from 10:30 to 11:30am, Rehm Pool will be open for a pool pass holders only family swim.
- Resident pool pass rates for the 2013 season will remain the same as the 2012 season. Pool passes will not be sold at Rehm Pool. Passes can be purchased online or in-person at 218 Madison Street. (see above for registration details)
- Three family changing rooms will be available at Rehm Pool beginning in summer 2013.
- Rehm Pool will feature a new water play apparatus in the zero depth area beginning in the summer 2013.
- The majority of camps will visit Rehm Pool in the morning to lessen the bather load during public swim.
More info on pools.
- Swim lessons will also be offered by the Park District at Fenwick High School in spring 2013.
- Swim lessons will be offered at Rehm Pool on a limited basis in summer 2013. In addition to these lessons, the Park District will offer summer swim lessons at Oak Park River Forest High School and Fenwick High School.
- Fenwick High School will provide an expanded swim lesson program for summer 2013 to accommodate excess demand.
More info on swim lessons.
- For the fall 2013/2014 rink season the Park District is attempting to relocate the youth travel hockey program and possibly the adult hockey program to neighboring ice rinks. These plans will be finalized in early summer 2013 when rink schedules and availability is determined.
- The Park District will provide information to our patrons about skating lessons available in neighboring communities.
- Weather permitting, outdoor ice rinks will be available at Austin Gardens and Longfellow Park.
- The indoor playground has been relocated to Barrie Center, 1011 S. Lombard featuring a few new play pieces.
- Hours are Monday-Wednesday-Friday from 1pm to 4pm, Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
- If you are a current pass holder, your pass will be valid through the end of the indoor playground season in April.
- The drop-in fee is $2 per child. Cash will not be accepted on site, only check or credit card payment.
- Be aware of parking restrictions in front of Barrie Center between 8-10am M-F, due to the blue line stop.
- The western ball field will remain open through the end of July 2013.
- Teams not accommodated at Ridgeland Common will be relocated to other fields in the Park District.
- Due to the construction of a synthetic turf sports field, the sled hill will be removed at Ridgeland Common.
- Sled hills are currently available at Taylor Park and Barrie Park. The Barrie hill was resodded and regraded in 2012 for improved safety and accessibility.
- The Ridgeland Common Dog Park is now closed.
- The Dog Park Plus field is being resized. Only the west ball field will be available beginning Saturday, March 23. The entrance to this area, which will be well marked, is located off of Lake Street in the center of the field. Dog Park Plus will close permanently on August 4.
- Dog Park permits can be used at Maple Park Dog Park, 1105 S. Maple at Lexington, which is available from sunrise to sunset, 7 days a week.
- The Park District is currently exploring alternate locations for Dog Park Plus and will keep permit holders up to date regarding its progress.
Ridgeland Common Birthday Parties
- Birthday parties will not be offered while Ridgeland Common is undergoing renovations. Look for new and improved birthday facilities when Ridgeland Common reopens in Summer 2014.